Thursday, May 13, 2010

It seems like ever since I had cancer I get this little group of people now and then that either have someone, or themselves dealing with cancer. I remember on my last day of chemo, Aug 9, 2002 one of the guys at work was diagnosed with the same cancer I had. Then shortly after that another guy that I know had a sister diagnosed with the same cancer too. From then on it's been like that. In these past 4 months I've had 4 people experiencing cancer in some way; my aunt lost her mother, my friend's brother is going through chemo, a girl at work is being tested herself, and just a couple of days ago I hear of someone's dad being tested. It's such a strange thing to have this experience. I think people feel like they can come to me since I've been there, done that so to speak, and I'm glad to be there...glad to be here. I gave up wondering why this had to happen to me a long time ago. It's irrelevant. The fact that I'm still here is what matters. I might as well use my experience to help other people understand the process. It makes me feel like I didn't go through all that for nothing. It helped me learn something about myself too. Life is to short to waste on stupid stuff. Don't get me wrong, I get derailed sometimes, I have my limits too. But after kicking cancer do I really want to be miserable all the time? Me thinks not.

http://lisamgee.tripod.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment