Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another school year begins.


The kids had their first day of school yesterday. I took the day off so I could be at there when Emileo was greeted by his teacher and find out who's class Diego would be in. It was a very exciting day for all of us. Kinder and 2nd grade; where has the time gone. I hope that I will always be able to take the first day back to school off. I just want to make it a special day for them and see them off to their next milestone in their school life. They were very cooperative getting out of bed (yay), had their breakfast, brushed their teeth and made their bed. I'm so proud of them taking on responsibilities.
Then it was off to school. Once we dropped off Emileo at the gate where his teacher was waiting for him and all his other students, we walked over to the auditorium where the Kinder teachers would be to take all the pre-school grads to their new class. He saw many of his friends there. One by one each teacher went to the front of the auditorium and started calling names. Diego would get so excited when he'd hear one of his old class mates get called up; and then slightly disappointed when he didn't get called. Me too. There are 4 kinder classes and he wasn't called up until finally the 4th group of kids. Thankfully there were a few kids from his old class.
What an exciting time it must be for them. I'm sure they were filled with a mix of excitement and nerves. Or maybe that was just me :)
Once the kids were off, me and mom ran some errands and meet back at my house so that we could pick up the boys. It was such a long day and I was wondering if it felt long for the boys too. While I was out I stopped at the market and picked up so donuts as a special treat. When we got to the school they were so happy and excited. They had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment