Friday, March 1, 2013

Making the world a better place

Today I said goodbye to a dear friend of mine.  My "mom" away from mom so to speak.  She was my first boss at the company I work for now, but even as our jobs in the company changed, she always stayed a very good friend.  She always made herself available to me... to all of us really.  Anyone that ever worked for her, the few of us that remain... and anyone in the company.  Vickie, or as we lovingly refer to her "the warden", made the decision to leave our company for bigger and better things.  (eyes welling up now)  After 20 years with the company I wish her well in her future endeavors. 

Her mission:  Stop human trafficking

It is a selfless sacrifice.  Leaving her job to make a change in this world, relying on her faith.   I feel so honored to know someone so inspiring.

She is fully investing herself into Zoe International Ministries and will be running ZOE Children’s Home.  She has been to Thailand with her church several times and has see first hand the children that have been rescued from their nightmare.  

Am much as I'm gonna miss having her around the office, I support her with all my heart.  

If you would like to make a donation to support Vickie's efforts with Zoe, please go to Vickie's donation page.  


No comments:

Post a Comment